We are currently requiting for a COVID Marshall for Birmingham City Council, working in Kings Heath Park. The successful candidates will be working on a rota basis (5 days in 7) so cover can be provided 7 days a week. Driving licence is ESSENTIAL
Job Propose of a COVID Marshall -
To support the Council's Outbreak Support Strategy by advising members of the public on social distancing and other COVID secure measures in public areas. In addition to supporting the Council to ensure COVID secure high streets, urban centres and tourist locations, the role will also provide support and a visible presence in areas of night-time economy. The role will also support businesses by checking business premises and advising owners of the COVID secure requirements
Job duties and responsibilities for a COVID Marshall
- To be deployed in the community to Patrolling of high streets, shopping centres and other urban locations and tourist destinations within City of Birmingham, as directed to support members of the public to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Directing pedestrians and managing pedestrian one-way systems within shopping centres, high streets and key high foot fall areas.
- Distributing face coverings and hand sanitiser in key areas; information and advice; reminding members of the public to wear face coverings when entering areas and in relation to business premises where this is required.
- Checking and promoting visibility of COVID-19 Secure messaging
- Working and engaging with local businesses to provide advice and guidance on managing queues, for example, advising on one-way systems and social distancing in queues.
- To treat every member of the community with respect, fairly and equitably.
Skills and requirements for a COVID Marshall
- Willingness to proactively approach members of the public to discuss issues, provide information and support.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal communication skills, empathy, listening and encouragement.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to handle, escalate and resolve resident complexities and provide a quality service
- Able to deal sensitively, tactfully and professionally with conflict situations.
- Demonstrate unquestioning ability to follow strict guidelines, to ensure safety of everyone involved.
- Ability to judge situations and take the right decisions quickly and easily.
If you are interested in the above COVID Marshall role please apply online or call 0121 200 5999
Extra Personnel do NOT charge any fees for our services.
Extra Personnel Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.