We are recruiting for an IT Technician to work within the Technical Support Team of our company (The Staffing Group), based in Walsall.
You will be required to provide face-to-face and remote assistance to our employees across the UK. The Technical Support Team works closely with other areas of the Central IT Team and you will be providing 1st and 2nd support to our rapidly expanding user base. The role will have a strong emphasis on providing a support service to all of our users.
As a IT Technician you will need to have experience or a good understanding of:
- Windows 7 and 10.
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016 (basic administration).
- Active Directory – password resets and user creation.
- Exchange Server.
- Microsoft Office
- Salary: £18,000 -£20,000
- Working Hours: 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday
- Location: Walsall
- Duration: Permanent
Role of an IT Technician:
- Taking calls from users and logging them on the Ticket Management System and assigning them to yourself or other member of the Technical Team.
- Handling outstanding calls logged by fellow team members and ensuring the calls are successfully resolved.
- Being responsible in imaging/preparing new equipment for new starters.
You will operate in a predominately Windows-based environment with some iOS devices and will be required to deal with standard desktop support issues. Part of your role will also involve in basic server administration.
You will also be required to setup routers and network equipment. As you grow in this role you will have the opportunity to gain knowledge of VLANs /firewall administration by shadowing other Technical Engineers.
Benefits of working with us as an IT Technician:
- 23 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Monthly pay
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Holiday Club
- Health Benefits Scheme
- My Resource Rewards – an online portal offering Vouchers and discounts
- Training and development opportunities
If you are interested in the above role please click apply.